This topic applies to Dynatrace Managed installations only.
You need SMTP connection to enable email notifications, reports delivery and other communication from Dynatrace to users and administrators.
- Go to Settings>SMTP server.
- Enter connection details:
- Server name and port (by default port 25 is used),
- (Optionally) user name and password if the server requires authentication,
- (Optionally) select to use TLS (note the server port change and adjust if the port number is different than 465)
- Test connection. To verify if the email configuration works send a test message. Enter sender and recipient’s email addresses and click Send test message to check if Dynatrace Server is able to communicate with your SMTP server and send messages.