If your application services aren’t built on standard technologies they may not be recognized out-of-the box. You can monitor these technologies, but you’ll need to define them as custom services with specific service entry-points. Dynatrace allows you to define any method, class, or interface as the entry point of a service to be monitored.
Currently only Java and .NET technologies are supported for custom services.
To set up a custom service for auto-detection:
- Go to Settings > Service detection > Custom services.
- Click Create custom service.
- Define the name, technology type, and entry point of the custom service you want to monitor.
To make life easier, don’t set up a different custom services for each entry point. Instead, create a single custom service that uses one or more class rules.
To edit an existing custom service entry point:
- Click the Services tile on the home dashboard.
- On the Services page, select the custom service from the list of monitored services.
- Click Edit on the menu bar to go to the service’s Edit service detection rule page.